The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME
School Tournament Series, 2018
The School Tournament Series is designed specifically for students who want to attend and have fun competing at KONAMI premier-level events, students from the same school can register as a team to compete for a variety of prizes.
|Where||When||Registration Times||Start Time|
|YCS Secaucus, NJ
Meadowlands Exposition Center
355 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094 07094
|Sunday, June 3, 2018
(at YCS Secaucus)
|Sunday, June 3, 2018
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
All Team members must be at least 13 years old and enrolled, in good standing, at the same school. Team members must provide proof of registration with:
- A current School Identification Card with their registered name, or
- Proof of enrollment, or
- An official grade card (i.e. report card, transcript) with their name and the school’s name.
Teams consist of three (3) Team members that are enrolled in the same school; a school must be a physical institution that provides a learning environment for students.
There is no ‘age cap’ for the School Tournament Series; any student at least 13 years old and enrolled in good standing in a Jr. High school, High school, college or university is eligible to participate.
Registration must be done on-site at the event. Teams will be required to fill out registration forms and turn in Deck lists.
$10.00 per Team member ($30.00 per Team). Each Team member will receive 2 Booster Packs and 1 Battle Pack for their entry fee.
The Yu-Gi-Oh! School Tournament Series are Tier 1 events, conducted as Advanced Format, Constructed Deck, Swiss Round events. The Yu-Gi-Oh! School Tournament Series will play Swiss Rounds, with a Playoff Top Cut, with prizes awarded at the end of the final playoff round. If eight (8) or less Teams participate in the event, prizes are awarded after the final Round of Swiss.
Team members will play Single Game Matches, with a team’s Round Results consisting of the combined Match Results for each team member, so if two team members win their Game, then the team wins that Match.
Rounds in the Yu-Gi-Oh! School Tournament Series are 20 minutes long.
Here are the basic rules:
- Each Team will designate one Team member to be Player A, one to be Player B, and one to be Player C.
- At the start of the Match, Player A will play against Player A, Player B will play against Player B, and Player C will play against Player C. Team members play as individuals – they do not share cards, Decks, Life Points, etc. Wins and losses are calculated by teams as a whole.
- All members of the team will play one Game.
- The team with the most Game wins gets the win for the Match.
The total number of Teams will determine the number of rounds that are played.
|Number of Teams||Number of
|Playoff Top Cut|
|4 – 8||3 Rounds of Swiss||None|
|9 – 16||4 Rounds of Swiss||Top 4|
|17 – 32||5 Rounds of Swiss||Top 8|
|33 – 64||6 Rounds of Swiss||Top 8|
*Receipt of monetary donations are subject to school permission