KONAMI’S Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES STOPS BY GEORGIA’S LARGEST CITY – ATLANTA – MARCH 4-5
YCS Atlanta will feature a Dragon Duel Tournament for Younger Players
Matches Available to Watch On Official Yu-Gi-Oh! YouTube Channel
El Segundo, Calif. (March 2, 2017) – With one exciting Championship Series after another, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.’s (KONAMI) Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) makes its much-anticipated tour stop in Atlanta. This weekend-long premier-level tournament gives hundreds of Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) Duelists from the southern U.S. a chance to show off their Deck-building and game strategy skills to their peers as they compete for the Championship and top prizes.
At YCS Atlanta anticipation will be running high as Duelists compete for this exclusive YCS prize card that will be awarded to the weekend’s top finishers – Number 93: Utopia Kaiser. Different from the regular cards found in booster packs and other Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG products, Number 93: Utopia Kaiser can only be obtained by finishing in the top three spots at a Main Event of a YCS, or by winning a special Public Events playoff tournament. This makes Number 93: Utopia Kaiser highly coveted by the mass of Duelists around the world that will participate in the high-level competitive YCS events during the course of the season.
Pre-registration for YCS Atlanta will run from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, March 3 and registration will continue promptly at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 4 and Round One will start at 10 a.m. Upon registering, Duelists will receive five of the recently released Raging Tempest booster packs for participating in KONAMI’s YCS Atlanta. Players will use their constructed Decks all the way to the final match. The top-ranked YCS finishers will earn invitations to participate in their 2017 World Championship Qualifier (WCQ), plus earn valuable World Qualifying Points, that may earn them a spot in the 2017 Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME World Championship. Duelists can find the answers to many of their questions in the YCS_Atlanta FAQs.
YCS Atlanta Event Address:
Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
College Park, GA 30337
Accompanying YCS Atlanta’s Main Event, KONAMI will also be conducting Dragon Duels (for Duelists born in 2004 or later). The Dragon Duel tournaments on both Saturday and Sunday will be sealed using Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, where each Duelist is given ten sealed Battle Packs to make a new Deck. The top four finishers in the Dragon Duel events will receive a Dragon Duel Medal, a Regional Deck Box, a Dragon Duel T-shirt, and a 2017 Regional Game Mat. Top-ranked finishers will also earn an invitation to their 2017 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier.
The two victors from the Saturday and Sunday tournaments will face off in a best 2-out-of-3 head-to-head matchup using their own pre-constructed Decks in the Advanced Format, to determine the weekend’s overall winner and a chance at the ultimate prize: to hoist the Dragon Duel Champion’s trophy and the coveted title of YCS Atlanta Dragon Duel Champion! In addition, the Dragon Duel Champion will also receive a Super Rare set of the Darklord YCS prize cards. Entry to the Dragon Duel tournaments is free to qualified players.
A full range of Public Events such as 2017 Regional Qualifiers, Ultimate Duelist Series Qualifiers, School Tournament Series, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mat, Sealed Starter Deck and Structure Deck, Duelist League, Yu-Gi-Oh! Day, and Generation Duel Tournaments will be held through the weekend. KONAMI will also have a photo booth set-up where attendees can make their own personalized Yu-Gi-Oh! Token Card using many new card designs!
Prizing Information for YCS Atlanta:
- 1st place – Ultra Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Trophy; Paid travel and accommodations to the winner’s 2017 World Championship Qualifier; Invite to and VIP Status at the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation©4 system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 30 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 2nd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; PlayStation©4 system; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 3rd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 93: Utopia Kaiser; Xbox One console; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 4th place – Xbox One console; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 5th–8th place – Nintendo 3DS XL Console; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 9th– 16th place – 24 booster packs of Raging Tempest; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
- 17th–32nd place – Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; Invite to the 2017 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points; World Qualifying Points*.
*The number of World Qualifying Points for the Top Cut is awarded based on the total number of WCQ invites awarded at YCS Atlanta after final standings. For example, if there are 32 WCQ invites, the Duelist who comes in 1st place will earn 32 points, the 2nd place Duelist will earn 31 points, and so on, down to the 32nd place Duelist who will earn 1 point.
For those unable to attend YCS Atlanta, Duelists can follow the live stream on the official Yu-Gi-Oh! channel on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialYuGiOhTCG), as well as round-by-round online coverage of the event at https://yugiohblog.konami.com/.
Duelists can watch a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Sunday on Nicktoons – check local listings for times. In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon! For more information on KONAMI or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630 to speak directly with a Yu-Gi-Oh! customer support team member.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.