The Konami Judge Program seeks, certifies, and registers Konami Judges. The program offers resources, training and support for registered judges. Anyone wishing to judge at official, Sanctioned Konami events such as Regionals, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championships (YCS), Ultimate Duelist Series (UDS) tournaments, and World Championship Qualifiers (WCQ) must join the Konami Judge Program.
The goal of the Konami Judge Program and the Konami Demo Judge Program is to provide support and guidance for judges, encourage them to improve their skills and knowledge, and offer Certification Testing to recognize their efforts and accomplishments.
In order to join the Konami Judge Program, you will first need to take and pass the online Rulings Comprehension Level 1 (RC-1) test. You will need a valid CARD GAME ID number and email address in order to take the test.
You must score at least 80% in order to pass. Once your test is completed, you will see your score on screen.
If you have passed the test with a valid CARD GAME ID and email, you will receive an email containing a link to an online registration form for the Konami Judge Program. This is not an automatically generated email, so you may need to wait up to two weeks. Prospective judges should fully complete the online form, then await an email confirmation of acceptance.
After passing the RC-1, you must complete an online form in order to register as a Konami Judge.
By passing certification tests, a judge can evaluate their knowledge of the various aspects of judging. While passing the RC-1 is required to join the Konami Judge Program, all registered Konami Judges are encouraged to actively pursue additional Judge Certification.
Level 1 Certification Tests are offered online.
Level 2 Certification Tests are offered in-person.
|CURRENTLY AVAILABLE LEVEL 1 TESTS (online)|
Rulings Comprehension – Level 1 Test
- This test is designed to evaluate your knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh!’s basic game mechanics, and how cards interact with one another.
- In order to apply to join the Konami Judge Program, you must pass this test.
- You will need to carefully study the Official Rulebook, know the basic mechanics of the game, and pay attention to the card texts presented to you in order to pass this test and function effectively as a judge.
You can find a copy of the rulebook here.
Policy Comprehension – Level 1 Test
- This test is designed to evaluate your knowledge of Konami tournament policy. In order to advance in the Konami Judge Program, you must pass this test.
- You will need to carefully study all Official Konami Tournament Policy documents in order to pass this test and function effectively as a judge.
You can find all three Tournament Policy documents here:
- Official KDE-US Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME Tournament Policy
- Official KDE-US Tournament Penalty Guidelines
Demo Comprehension – Level 1 Test
- This test is designed to evaluate your knowledge of demo procedures. In order to register as a Konami Demo Judge, you must pass this test.
- You should carefully study the Demo Judge Program FAQ, in order to learn the information needed to pass the test.
You can find the Konami Demo Judge Program FAQ here:
Complete information and links to required tests and study material can be found at: https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/judges/index.html
You need to be a Registered Konami Judge in order to judge at Tier 2 events, such as these:
- OTS Championships
- Ultimate Duelist Series (UDS) Qualifiers
- Regional Qualifiers
- National Championships
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS)
- Ultimate Duelist Series (UDS) Invitationals
- World Championship Qualifiers (WCQ)
Judges at Premier Events may receive a gift of product. Different kinds of events in different territories may receive slightly different gifts. Judges at Premier Events might also receive hotel sponsorship and partial assistance with or reimbursement for travel expenses, when eligible.
Judges at Premier Events in North America are paid an hourly wage, in accordance with all applicable laws and employment regulations of the location in which the event takes place.
Compensation for judges at Regional events in North America is administered by the Tournament Organizer, in accordance with all applicable laws and employment regulations of the location in which the event takes place.
Konami may provide a judge gift for select OTS events, such as the OTS Championship or UDS Qualifier. Judges should discuss their status at Tier 1 OTS events with the OTS for which they are judging.
Other opportunities for judges
Judges can judge at local, Tier 1 events such as Sneak Peeks and OTS tournaments; or local Tier 2 events such as OTS Championships, VIP Qualifiers, UDS Qualifiers and Regionals. Judges with some experience have the chance to be selected to judge at Premier Events such as YCS or WCQ. Judges may also be contacted for demo opportunities (provided they have passed the Demo Comprehension Level 1 test and completed a request to join form), or working at various conventions.
Registered Konami Judges can get an opportunity to receive these mats by judging at a Tier 3 event.
More general info and an official FAQ is available at https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/judges/judge_FAQ.html
You must log in to post a comment.