KONAMI BRINGS ITS ULTIMATE DUELIST SERIES INVITATIONAL TO DOWNTOWN CHICAGO
Weekend Also Includes Many Fun Events For All Duelists
El Segundo, Calif. (September 9, 2016) – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is pleased to announce that the next premier-level event for the ever-popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) – the Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational – Summer 2016 will be held in Chicago, Ill. September 17-18. Giving players the opportunity to play competitively year-round, the Ultimate Duelist Series (UDS) is another premier event in KONAMI’s extensive Organized Play program. Duelists from across the region will travel to Chicago for this two-day event to compete for the title of The Ultimate Duelist and earn exclusive prizes, and spend the weekend Dueling, trading, and hanging out with other Yu-Gi-Oh! fans.
The UDS Invitational is a free, 2-day event comprised of a main tournament that is open to qualified Duelists who have earned a minimum requirement of UDS Points, and numerous Public Events that are open to all Duelists, including tournaments specifically for Duelists born in 2004 or later, Regional Qualifiers, Win-A-Mats, and much more. Competitive or casual, there is something for everyone at a UDS Invitational.
The highlight of the UDS Invitational is the main tournament, in which qualified Duelists compete to earn the title of The Ultimate Duelist and a bevy of prizes that includes an exclusive full-size, Championship title belt. This is no ordinary Championship belt as it also grants special benefits befitting an Ultimate Duelist, such as:
- Free entry into Regional Qualifiers and YCS Tournaments (with no participation packs)
- VIP Status at YCS Tournaments, which includes a two-round BYE and preferred seating
- Feature Match priority at Premier Events
In addition to the main tournament of the UDS Invitational, there are many other Public Event opportunities during the weekend that all Duelists can participate in. In addition to Dragon Duels (for Duelists born in 2004 or later) and Regional Qualifier tournaments, KONAMI will hold ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Battle City, Structure Deck, Win-A-Mat, Yu-Gi-Oh! Day and Public Event Playoff tournaments. Plus KONAMI will include a new tournament, the Generation Duel, where Duelists can play a Deck based off of one of the five different anime series (eras) of Yu-Gi-Oh!
Registration for the UDS Invitational – Summer 2016 Day 1 will begin Saturday, September 17 at 8 a.m. and continue until 9:45 a.m. Day 2 will begin at 9 a.m. on Sunday, September 18. Upon registering, each Duelist will receive one UDS Invitational Lanyard, and one UDS Invitational Pin (while supplies last). Duelists are also eligible to receive additional prizes, such as a UDS Invitational Lanyard Medal and/or 1st Round BYE, if they redeem the requisite amount of UDS Points at registration.
Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Chicago River Ballroom
511 N. Columbus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60611
- 1st place – Ultimate Duelist Championship Belt; Travel and Accommodations to Winner’s next Season’s Invitational to defend their title; ; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Game Mat; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Top Cut Pin; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Winner Pin; 100 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
- 2nd place – SJC Ultra Rare Prize Card – Dark End Dragon; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Game Mat; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Top Cut Pin; 50 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
- 3rd – 4th place – SJC Ultra Rare Prize Card – Dark End Dragon; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Game Mat; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Top Cut Pin; 30 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
- 5th – 8th place – SJC Ultra Rare Prize Card – Dark End Dragon; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Game Mat; Ultimate Duelist Series; Invitational Top Cut Pin; 20 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
- ALL Day Two – Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Day 2 Pin; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Day 2 Medal for Lanyard; 20 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
- Redemption Tier (100 UDS Points) – Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Lanyard; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Pin; 10 UDS points (awarded for next Season)
- Redemption (150 UDS Points) – Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Lanyard; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Pin; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Medal for Lanyard; 10 UDS points (awarded for next Season)
- Redemption Tier (200 UDS Points) – Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Lanyard; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Pin; Ultimate Duelist Series Invitational Medal for Lanyard; 1st round Bye; 10 UDS Points (awarded for next Season)
Duelists earn UDS Points by competing in UDS Qualifiers held at their local Official Tournament Stores (OTS) and at Public Event UDS Qualifiers held at YCS and WCQ tournaments. Duelists can also earn UDS Points at other Sanctioned Events such as Regionals, YCS, and OTS Championships.
The UDS Invitational – Summer 2016 is a Constructed event, which means each Duelist must bring his or her own Deck in order to compete. Decks must be constructed according to the latest Advanced Format guidelines, which went into effect August 29. For more information, Duelists can visit http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html.
Duelists can watch a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Sunday on Nicktoons – check local listings for times. In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon! For more information on KONAMI or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630 to speak directly with a Yu-Gi-Oh! customer support team member.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.