Company’s Virtual Con Offerings Include a Voice Actor Panel, Exclusive Game Mat, and Remote Duel Competitions
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is excited to present a spread of unique, virtual experiences at New York Comic Con and MCM’s Metaverse (NYCC x MCM Metaverse). Online attendees will find new activities and fan-favorite attractions at KONAMI’s Virtual Booth Page, celebrating different aspects of the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand.
Duel fans are invited to watch an online panel with voice actors from the original animated series, visit the Virtual Token Booth, and compete in Yu-Gi-Oh! Remote Duel Extravaganza! tournaments. In addition, the digital retail counter will offer a stunning NYCC x MCM Metaverse Exclusive Game Mat featuring The Winged Dragon of Ra!
Whether you’re a tournament player, a fan of the manga or the animated series, or you just want to see what’s new in Dueling, check out the KONAMI Virtual Booth Page from Thursday, October 8 to Sunday, October 11.
No NYCC x MCM Metaverse Convention Badge is required to visit the KONAMI Virtual Booth Page. Activities and attractions will include…
- Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL MONSTERS Voice Actor Reunion Panel: The original cast of Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL MONSTERS reunites in this panel moderated by Sam Black! The cast will reminisce about their time on the show, working with one another, and even answer questions, fans like you, submitted online. Featured on Sunday, the panel is sure to provide some behind-the-scenes nostalgia.
- Virtual Photo Booth: A staple of KONAMI’s convention offerings, make your very own personalized Yu-Gi-Oh! Token Cards as unique digital keepsakes! Choose from different card backgrounds, your favorite characters, or the 2020 NYCC logo, and share your creations on social media. (Limit 2 Tokens per person.) A limited number of attendees will even win a physical copy of their Token Card that will be shipped to them after the convention! Winners must have a shipping address in the United States or Canada.
- Con Exclusive Game Mat: The digital retail counter is the only place you’ll find the NYCC x MCM Metaverse Exclusive Game Mat! The Winged Dragon of Ra is featured with its new variant artwork, as it appears in Legendary Duelists: Rage of Ra, available for $30 USD (plus sales tax and shipping) while supplies last! The purchasing website will go live on October 8th at 10:00 AM EST. All customers wishing to purchase the Exclusive Game Mat must have a shipping address in the United States or Canada.
- Exclusive Limited Edition Merchandise: The new Yu-Gi-Oh! e-commerce shop is your source for a curated collection of t-shirts, tumblers, phone cases and more, featuring fan-favorite characters and monsters. Choose the design you want and get it in the color and style of your choice, while supplies last. Customers must have a shipping address in the United States or Canada.
- See New Yu-Gi-Oh! Products: Get the details on upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG releases and get a look at two new products, both unveiled for the first time ever at NYCC x MCM Metaverse!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Remote Duel Extravaganza: Duelists can register to compete in Remote Duel Public Events for fun and prizes, from the comfort of your home! Duelists must have a shipping address in the United States or Canada.
The NYCC x MCM Metaverse Yu-Gi-Oh! Remote Duel Extravaganza will run from Thursday to Sunday and Duelists are invited to throw down in Speed Duel Constructed, Advanced Format Win-A-Mat, and Structure Deck: Sacred Beast sealed tournaments. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will each host an ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!! tournament as well, and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links tournaments will be held across all four days of the convention. Check out the FAQ for more details, including registration fees and prize schedules.
Tournaments Will Be Offered During These Scheduled Hours:
Thursday, October 8: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Friday, October 9: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday, October 10: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Sunday, October 11: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
SOURCE: Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. Press Release